As PNRNetworks approaches its NINTH birthday this December 1, exciting things are in store for all our readers and listeners. And we hope you’re gonna love things even more than you already do!
In addition to a brand new look for the site, we’ll be debuting some great new features, some regular columns, and a greatly expanded coverage area.
Beginning next Friday, December 5, ECB will expand our coverage to all Massachusetts theatres within a 50 mile radius of Boston! This means that if you live anywhere that is 50 miles’ driving distance of Metro Boston, we’ll now be including your theaters and events in your back yard as well. This means adding coverage to over TWENTY more theatres in a north/south swath from the RI to the NH borders and west to the greater Worcester/Fitchburg areas – its the biggest expansion of coverage in our history!
And with it – some exciting new features debuting throughout the month of December as well, including:
- A completely overhauled theatre boxoffice area, including links to each venue website, Facebook and Twitter feeds, and ticket purchase info from Fandango, MovieTickets.Com, DealFlicks, and more!
- Brand new weekly columns focusing on locally shot films, current local film shoots, spotlight articles on both current area theaters as well as those theaters long gone, and actors and actresses from the Metro Boston area
- A weekly Boston Weekend column highlighting some films you may need to travel to check out
- Expanded listings for local film groups, local festivals, and local Meet Up groups
- Expanded listings in the Theatre Cinedex, including links to each theatre, all their address and contact info, location maps, photos, ticket info, concession info, links to info about each theatre on CinemaTreasures, and even more!
- Expanded film festival coverage of the over two dozen festivals in and around the area
- AT LAST! The long-awaited debut of the New England Festival Database (NEFDb), a complete one-stop listing of film festivals in MA as well as RI, CT, NH, VT, and ME
- Expanded coverage of individual venues
- Expanded listings for Tugg and Gathr screenings
- Links to local free film screenings
- Greater interaction with our parent site eCinemaOne, as well as our offshoot site Indie Film Spotlight
And a WHOLE LOT MORE!
The look and substance of eCinemaBoston may be changing and expanding, but we’re still the same crazy film fans, critics, and podcasters we’ve always been. We do this for the love of Boston, the love of the film community in the area, and the love of film in particular. And we hope you’ll be along for the ride. We always love to hear from readers, and a number of areas will have links where you can submit reviews of local venues, photos, missing info and more.
We want to make eCinemaBoston the BEST film site about the Hub of the Universe that it can possibly be, and we can’t do it without you! If you notice we’re missing a venue, would like to pass on information about something, would like to link up with us (we’re always looking for people willing to contribute columns), or just want to be a part of the ECB community, that’s great – we hope you’ll do so! We love our fans, and we always welcome the help!
So look for the new site look on December 5, and all of the rest of the stuff as it comes online throughout the month. Link to eCinemaBoston, help us spread the word to other film fans, and let’s make this a GRAND 10th Anniversary Year!
Cheers, and thanks,