Give a little, get a lot!
The Boston Underground Film Festival (BUFF) has a thirteen year history of bringing under-appreciated cinema to an audience ravenous for a movie-going experience outside the mainstream. The festival proudly returns to Kendall Square Cinema from March 24-31, 2011 to bring you another year of cinematic madness!
Over the years, BUFF has managed to host such guests as Bill Plympton, George Romero, Lloyd Kaufman, Frank Henenlotter, and most recently George Kuchar and Mink Stole.
We want this year’s BUFF to continue with our tradition of bringing filmmakers face-to-face with an appreciative audience.
That’s where you come in.
We are reaching out to our audience to help us out by buying a festival pass early (and at a discount!) through this Kickstarter campaign.
If you donate $75 before March 2nd, you can get a BUFF Festival Pass (which sell for $100 thereafter). Our festival passes will get you into eight days of films and all BUFF parties/events! Donations will also garner assorted swag, lavish praise, and gratitude.
Smaller donations are always welcome and will be rewarded with thank yous and festival screening tickets. At the higher levels we are offering invites to exclusive donor events and our filmmaker reception at the festival. Check out the campaign for more details on how you can help bring the awesome to Boston!
This year’s festival is shaping-up to be the best yet:
- BUFF’s Opening Night Film is the Sundance sensation HOBO WITH A SHOTGUN starring Rutger Hauer. (w/Director/Producer team Jason Eisener and Rob Cotterrill in attendance),
- East Coast Premiere of Lucky McKee’s THE WOMAN (w/McKee and author Jack Ketchum in attendance!) (check out this guy’s incredible freak-out over the film at Sundance),
- North American premiere of DEADGIRL-scribe Trent Haaga’s directorial debut CHOP,
- Mark (NOT QUITE HOLLYWOOD) Hartley’s doc MACHETE MAIDENS UNLEASHED! will screen as a double feature with Eddie Romero’s 1973 schlock-classic TWILIGHT PEOPLE,
- New England Premiere of Adam Wingard’s A HORRIBLE WAY TO DIE, Caleb Emerson’s FRANKIE IN BLUNDERLAND, and Usama Alshaibi’s PROFANE,
- And more!
We have only one week to raise the funds we need; if we don’t meet our fundraising goal by noon on March 2nd, BUFF will not receive any of the money raised so far. Every dollar counts.
Please spread the word and make a donation today!