I’m so excited as we get ready to move into a new year – 2011 is here, and so is the brand new PNR Networks sites, which includes a brand new version of Boston Popcorn!
Now in our fifth year (I think), Boston Popcorn is going to strive to be bigger and better than ever before!
On this past weekend’s edition of Subject:CINEMA on our main site, Popcorn N Roses, I set out a list of goals for the year. While some of them are lofty in scope, I’m going to strive to do my best to make them all happen.
The ones that involve Boston are especially challenging, but I know I can do it!
My local goals are as follows:
- I will see EVERY movie that plays in the Boston metro area in regular release (not including special appearances or one shots) between January 1 and December 1 by the end of the year – I can see them in the theatre, on DVD later, or using OnDemand or Streaming.
- I will keep a written log of every film that plays the Boston area in general release this year
- I will visit EVERY movie theatre in the Boston metro area that is accessible by the MBTA system – Bus, T, and commuter rail – even the ones I have been to before – and write up the visit for BP and possibly take pictures for the site as well
- I will make contact with and attempt to establish relationships with all the local theatres that we haven’t done so with already
- I will post a brief review of all films I view on the group boards as well as other sites we maintain
- I will try to be more active in Chlotrudis – we’ve been members for FOUR YEARS and haven’t done much with them, which is a combination of things – Kim being sick, me being sick, both of us depending on public transportation, etc
- I will take better advantage of our memberships at the and the Coolidge Corner Theatre
- I will write an original piece about the Boston film scene at least once a week
- I will attend ALL Boston-based film festivals for at least one show in some capacity – it is my hope we can work something out with all of them for coverage as we have several times in the past; we are producing a special Boston Festivals edition of our PNR podcast Subject:CINEMA in late April or early May
WHEW! That’s SOME LIST! And that’s just the BOSTON stuff – there’s a LOT more out there that I have on my list that aren’t Boston-specific, so I’ll leave those for another time.
We’d love to get other Boston fans involved – by all means, comment on the site (comments are now allowed, something we’d avoided for nearly five years) or drop us a line at email@example.com!
And if you happen to see Kim or I at an event, please stop and say HI! If you have a website you’d like to link up, let me know, we’d love to link up with you! We hope you’ll also visit our other sites, and check out the Subject:CINEMA podcast in the player on the sidebar.
Stand back, Boston…2011 is going to be the year of Boston Popcorn!
Oh, yeah, and one other thing…. to the guy who keeps writing me about it…we do NOT sell popcorn!